The following are the requirements for early qualification which apply only if met by December 21, 2018. After that date there are additional requirements to be met.
Requirements for Post to Be Considered for All-State.
- Submit Voice of Democracy, Patriots Pen, Youth Essay & Teacher Award entries
- Submit One of the following to District for judging: Law Enforcement, EMT or Firefighter
- Hold a fundraiser with the proceeds going to National Veterans & Military Support Services
- Purchase Buddy Poppies
- Submit at least 2 Community Service Reports, 2 Hospital Reports and 2 Chaplain Reports by Dec. 31, 2018
- Achieve 100 Membership and increase membership by 3 New, New Life or Reinstated Members by Dec 31, 2018.
- Submit all entries for all required programs to the District for judging. Send all donations to Department Headquarters earmarked for respective programs.
The most important item on the list is 100% Membership, which means we have paid up or Life members totaling the number we started the year with, plus three additional members.
We have some recruiting events coming up, but that doesn’t mean it is not the responsibility of each member to invite qualified veterans to join our ranks.