When you attend the Post meeting, record these activities on the sheet provided at the Guard’s desk.
Be sure to include the number of hours in which you were engaged in the activity, mileage incurred, and any out-of-pocket expenses.
A few examples of community service activities that qualify are listed below. If you are in doubt as to whether an activity qualifies, go ahead and report it. We will sort it out .
- Involvement in a recycling program
- Picking up trash along streets
- Volunteer time to assist in planning and conducting Veterans programs/ parades/events
- Any activities that promote Americanism (flag flying, public ceremonies, guest speaking engagements, and so forth)
- Involvement in youth activities (youth sports, Scouting, etc.)
- Mileage you incurred while involved in community service activities