When you attend the Post meeting, record these activities on the sheet provided at the Guard’s desk.
Following are a few examples of community service activities that qualify, some of which we all do. We will feature others from time to time:
- Involvement in a recycling program
- Picking up trash along streets
- Volunteer time to assist in planning and conducting Veterans programs/ parades/events
- Any activities that promote Americanism (flag flying, public ceremonies, guest speaking engagements, and so forth)
- Involvement in youth activities (youth sports, Scouting, etc.)
- Mileage you incurred while involved in community service activities