We had 14 Veterans present plus three attending by zoom.
Probably the most significant item on the agenda, was replacing Cal Barnard, who has resigned as Quartermaster to assume the appointed position of Adjutant. Past Post and District 1 Commander Jim Traner was nominated and elected as our new Quartermaster. Traner, who is a local CPA, has long served as the Post’s financial advisor with our elected Quartermaster, as well as serving as a Department of Washington Trustee, auditing the books of the state organization.
Sign up for District 1 VFW Booth @ Evergreen State Fair Aug. 25-29 and Sept. 3-5
District 1 has scheduled a booth at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, to be staffed by members of District Posts. The purpose of the booth is to represent VFW and promote membership. We need volunteers for each shift to talk about VFW and accept membership applications. We are also able to distribute poppies, with the proceeds to be split between the on-duty posts of each shift. S
hifts are 10:00-16:00 (1st shift) and 16:00-22:00 (2nd shift) There will be 2 admission tickets and 2 parking passes provided for each shift. Two admission tickets and parking passes will be provided for each shift.
If you can participate, let Commander Kurfess know as soon as possible, or sign up at the August meeting.
In other Post business:
- The Quartermasters report was reviewed/approved & all bills were approved for payment.
- Buddy Poppies for Veterans Day is scheduled for November 4 & 5.
- It was approved that the Quartermaster will “e-pay” all expenses. Signatures are not required for checks.
- A proposal was approved to change Post by-laws to allow keeping our meeting minutes in an electronic format.
- A booth at the Edmonds Market & at the Edmonds car show were discussed.