The annual “Edmonds Kind of 4th” Parade returns this year and with it the VFW/American Legion picnic/barbecue following. Transportation will be available for veterans who are unable to walk the parade route and we are looking for a big turnout for this event.
We will meet at 6th & Bell in downtown Edmonds at 11:30am to form up for the parade which starts at 12:00 noon. The parade follows its usual route through downtown Edmonds. We will again hand out small flags along the way.
Following the parade, at 1:00pm we will gather at the Legion Hall for our picnic. The Posts will provide hot dogs and hamburgers, and we ask members attending to bring a side dish/potluck item to share.
Please notify Commander Carl of what you will provide for the picnic, so we know what to expect. ([email protected].) Hopefully, many of you will have signed up at the Post meeting on Wednesday June 15.
Following are items needed:
- Fried Chicken 25 Cheese 69 slices
- Sliced & diced onions enough for 60 burgers
- Tomatoes, lettuce enough for 60 burgers
- Catsup, mustard, relish & mayo 1 large container of each
- Green Salads w/dressing x4 to serve 10 ea
- Potato Salad x4 to serve 10 ea
- Ice 4 bags
- Chips x2 2 large bags
- Regular Coke/Pepsi/ Dr Pepper 2 doz
- Napkins 100
- Plastic spoons, knives, forks 100
- Paper Plates 100