Heather Peterson, volunteer coordinator for Continuum Hospice. spoke to our November Post meeting about their program. She is looking for Veteran volunteers to meet with Veteran Hospice members so they can talk Veteran to Veteran. No set schedule, volunteer as much or as little as you like. https://continuumwa.com/
When you have a chronic illness, you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed as your disease progresses. Continuum Palliative Resources provides home-based palliative care, you will be assigned a Nurse Practitioner to provide home visits to enhance your daily lifestyle through education, medication management and necessary medical tools to support your management of your advanced disease.
Highlights of Business Meeting
- One new member, Eric Baum was accepted & one transfer, Jim Armstrong from Post 1040. (We will introduce these member in detail when they have attended their first meetting)
- Minutes from the October Meeting were read & approved with no changes.
- Quartermaster’s report was reviewed. The following expenditures were approved by the membership. $29.68 for pre-meeting meals, $39.17 for soft drinks.
- Community Service Reporting. According to Don Wischmann (District 1 Quartermaster) the reporting is going well. He suggested that we work on combining repeating activities into one report. (As an example, if you you spent 3 hours per day for 3 days during the month you should submit one (1) report for the month showing the total hours.)
- Relief Fund was reviewed and is in good shape to meet budgeted commitments.
- Service Officer Report. Alden has received several requests for assistance & has been busy directing folks to the help that they need.
- We received 3 essays (youth/patriots pen) that will be reviewed and forwarded on to District.
- Don Wischmann the District 1 quartermaster did an audit of our post financials found everything in order
- The Post Charter was draped for Dick Simmons & Norm Goldstein.