If you’ve been on social media or checked your email inbox recently, you’ve no doubt received countless solicitations from law firms or agencies advertising their assistance with your VA claim in the wake of the PACT Act.
From our National Veterans Service experts, here are some important things to remember:
- File a claim for any PACT Act conditions.
- Contact a VFW Accredited Service Officer today to discuss the PACT Act and what it means for you.
- Hold off on committing to a Camp Lejeune lawsuit until VA publishes how the offset will affect your settlement and benefits.
- NEVER PAY for claims assistance. Presumptive claims are straightforward and can easily be handled by any VA-accredited claims representative.
- If you’ve been fighting for years, you may think a PACT Act claim will be complicated. Good news: Presumptive claims are some of the simplest claims because VA is conceding that your illness happened because you went somewhere bad.
Stay up-to-date with the PACT Act and what it means for your claim by visiting vfw.org/PACTActInfo. The VFW and our network of more than 2,000 accredited claims representatives will be by your side as we navigate through the interpretation and implementation of the PACT Act together. We won’t rest until every veteran receives the care and compensation they deserve.